Duddell Street Steps & Gas Lamps
Duddell Street, Central District, Hong Kong
Duddell Street Steps, connecting Ice House Street with Duddell Street, are fine wide stone steps. The lamps, stamping themselves at the head and foot of the steps, were built between 1875 and 1889.
Cotton Tree Drive, Central District, Hong Kong
Flagstaff House, constructed in 1846, was put in use as the residence of the Commander of the British forces in Hong Kong until 1932. The place is open for public viewing daily 10am-5pm, except Tuesday and some public holidays.
323, Des Voeux Road Central, Sheung Wan
Western Market, one of the oldest structures in Sheung Wan, was completed in 1906. The stately market has red brick walls on a granite base, and and four corner towers highlighted in 'bandaged' brickwork. The market was repackaged in 1991 and now it holds several retail outlets.
St. John's Cathedral
4-8 Garden Road, Central Hong Kong
Considered to be the oldest Anglican church in Far East, St. John's Cathedral also holds the distinction of oldest surviving Western ecclesiastical building in Hong Kong. The task of its construction was finished in 1849 under Bishop George Smith, first Bishop of Victoria. Most of of the present interior designs and furnishings are post-war.
Former Kowloon-Canton Railway Clock Tower
Tsim Sha Tsui
The clock tower, once a a part of the Kowloon-Canton Railway (KCR) Terminus, came into operation in 1921. However, the terminus was later shifted to Hung Hom in 1975. Only the Clock Tower remains at the place.
Chinese Heritage Monuments
Lei Cheng Uk Han Tomb
Sham Shui Po
Accidentally discovered in 1955, Lei Cheng Uk Han Tomb is one of the most ancient tombs in Hongkong. At the times of its discovery, around 58 pottery and bronze objects were found inside the tomb. It is known to be constructed during the Eastern Han Dynasty (AD25-220).
Law Uk Hakka House
14 Kut Shing Street, Chai Wan
Built about 2 centuries ago, Law Uk Hakka House is the only original village house left undamaged in Chai Wan. The House was restored in 1989.
Old Wan Chai Post Office
Queen's Road East, Wan Chai
Oldest surviving post office building in Hongkong, Old Wan Chai Poat Office was constructed between 1912 and 1913. Currently, Environmental Protection Department operates it as a resources centre.
Tin Hau Temple
10 Tin Hau Temple Road, Causeway Bay
Tin Hau Temple, built by Tai family, came into being in the early 18th century. Some family members found an idol of Tin Hau near the shore. They made a shelter for the statue, and later, the shelter developed as the Temple.